J. Ray Houser and Priscilla Payne with Roland J. Payne at his graduation from Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Roland J. Payne (right) at his graduation from the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. He is standing with his wife, Priscilla Payne (left) and Seminary president J. Ray Houser in front of St. John's Lutheran Church in Waterloo, Ontario.
- In 1965 Roland J. Payne, Seminary graduate, was elected the first bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Liberia.
J. Ray Houser (1897-1981) was president of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary from 1954 to 1968.
Waterloo Lutheran Seminary is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada affiliated with Wilfrid Laurier University, located in Waterloo, Ontario. It was established in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada, and changed to its current name in 1960.
- Date of Original
- May 18, 1963
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19.5cm
Image Height: 24cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc43
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5