Lucinda House : a view into Waterloo's past
- Fitzgerald, William Richard, Author
- Romanowski, Ruth-Erika, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Booklet outlining the history of Lucinda House, a heritage building located on the Wilfrid Laurier University campus in Waterloo, Ontario. Includes information about the building, owners and residents, the city of Waterloo, and Wilfrid Laurier University. Features images of the Good family, the Lucinda House dig site, and a map of Waterloo.
- The cover page is torn.
Lucinda House, located at 157 Albert Street in Waterloo, Ontario, is part of the Wilfrid Laurier University campus. The house was built in 1838 by Waterloo’s first medical doctor Joseph Good. It was renovated by Allen and Lucinda Shantz, who lived in the house from 1896 to 1948, but the structure of the house remained the same. Wilfrid Laurier University gained possession of Lucinda House in 1994, and uses the building for social events and lodging.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Place of Publication
- Waterloo, Ont.
- Date of Original
Width: 15 cm
Height: 23 cm
- Local identifier
- SPEC. COLL. LE3.W338 L8 SC4001.75
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Text Disc64
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5