Jean Chrétien and John Black Aird shaking hands at convocation
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of minister of justice Jean Chrétien shaking hands with Wilfrid Laurier University chancellor John Black Aird during a convocation ceremony. The two men are shaking hands. The convocation audience is visible in the background.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
Jean Chrétien was awarded an honorary degree during the ceremony.
John Black Aird (1923-1995) was chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1977 to 1985.
- Reverse, in pencil: CHRETIEN / 1981
- Date of Original
- May 31, 1981
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20.5cm
Image Height: 15.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc 42
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5