Letters patent of armorial bearings
- Canadian Heraldic Authority, Artist
- Canadian Heraldic Authority, Calligrapher
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Letters patent of armorial bearings issued to Wilfrid Laurier University on October 31, 1989. The English and French text describes the coat of arms, flag, crest, and motto. Includes images of the coat of arms and flag.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Oct. 31, 1989
Width: 76 cm
Height: 56 cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Language of Item
- English; French
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collecions
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc40
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5