Woldemar Neufeld and Peggy Conrad playing tennis
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Peggy Conrad (right) and Woldemar Neufeld standing on a tennis court. The net is between them. They are both holding tennis rackets.
- Woldemar Neufeld (1909-2002) was an internationally recognized artist. Born in Russia, he immigrated to Canada in 1924, settling in Waterloo, Ontario. He graduated from Waterloo College School in 1930. Neufeld married to Margaret "Peggy" Conrad (1914-2008), a Waterloo College graduate, in 1939.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary in Canada established Waterloo College School in 1914. It offered pre-theological education leading to senior matriculation. Waterloo College School closed in 1929 as the focus shifted to higher education with the establishment of Waterloo College, which is now Wilfrid Laurier University, located in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Reverse, in ink: 1920
- Date of Original
- Between 1930 and 1939
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5