- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Woldemar Neufeld sitting on the grass, in front of easel.
- Woldemar Neufeld (1909-2002) was an internationally recognized artist. Born in Russia, he immigrated to Canada in 1924, settling in Waterloo, Ontario. He graduated from Waterloo College School in 1930. Neufeld married to Margaret "Peggy" Conrad (1914-2008), a Waterloo College graduate, in 1939.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Between 1930 and 1939
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University 75th anniversary photograph and slide collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5