Water dumping prank, Waterloo College initiation week 1947
- Huehnergard, Harry, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Waterloo College freshmen gathered in front of Willison Hall during initiation week 1947. Water is being dumped on them by senior students on the balcony above. Students on balcony, left to right: Helmut Binhammer, Harold Gram, Russell Seltzer. Bottom, back row: Harold Seim, Austin Stoneham, Robert Howald, Ken Berlet, Erich Schultz, Bev Hayes, Earl Anderson, Gerhard Binhammer, Jim Gram, unknown. Bottom, front row: unknown, George Malcolm, John Brubacher, Lorraine Holle, Pauline Haberer, Shirley Buder, Lydia Otto, Alice Bald, unknown.
- There is a white scratch near the top, left side of the photograph.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Sept. 24, 1947
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.5cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5