Opening and dedication of the Arts and Science Building, Waterloo College
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the procession at the opening and dedication of the Arts and Science Building at Waterloo College. Waterloo College President J. G. Hagey (left, wearing academic cap and gown) and Lutheran Church in America President Franklin Fry (right, wearing white vestments and a clerical collar) are leading the procession. Spectators are standing as the men walk by.
- The Arts Building was constructed in 1953. The east wing was added in 1963.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Oct. 3, 1954
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 7cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Location of Original
- U57 Disc39
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5