Waterloo, June 22nd 1938
The seventh Annual Meeting of the Women’s Auxiliary of Waterloo College and Seminary was held on the afternoon of the above date in St. John’s Parish Hall with more than 200 members present from Hanover, Hamilton, Guelph, Hespeler, Preston Conestoga, Tavistock, Hamburg, Kitchener Linwood, Listowel Hessen Strasse , Heidelberg & Waterloo
Meeting called to order by the President Mrs Creager read an appropriate scripture passage followed by a beautiful prayer of Thanksgiving for all the blessings which we as an organization have enjoyed
Dr Clausen then addressed us. He asked us all to continue in our interest in our church school even tho we have no son or daughter to attend the classes. Thru the boys and girls who attend this school we indirectly benefit from same. He told us that boys who enter the Lutheran Ministry require a higher education than any other ministers. Statistics show that
the Lutheran Ministry has a larger percentage of highly educated men than any other religion. It is to be regretted that our young people have so little contact with our ministers; they really only meeting about once a week. The other five or six days in the week the boys & girls are left to the care of the public school teachers.
Dr Clausen asked us all to continue in our support of the College & Seminary.
The Secretary read the constitution
Minutes of the last Annual meeting were read and adopted.
The Treasurer reported collections of $1056.49 as opposed to $906.28 in 1937 an increase of $140.21
In the past year no Lutheran girl qualified for the Scholarship and in consequence the matter of giving the scholarship to a boy in event of no girl qualifying for same led to some considerable discussion. It was finally moved by Mrs Laumann
seconded by Mrs Creager that if no girl qualifies for the scholarship then the scholarship be given to a boy. Carried
Moved by Mrs JM Laing seconded by Mrs R Kleinschmidt that we give to the Board of Governors $900.00
The President lamented the fact that we only have 7 separate and distinct auxiliaries, the other congregations working thrue their Ladies Aids and W.M.S. Societies. St Mathews Kitchener within the past year organized a separate auxiliary and they showed a considerable increase in their donation.
Almost every church or society showed an increase in their contributions
The St Mathews Auxiliary besides giving their cash donation also gave two beautiful quilts for use of the Seminary students.
Election of officers followed
President – Mrs J. Conrad for two years
In the absence of Mrs Weppler, Mrs Mehlenbacher was appointed auditor along with Miss Allemang.
Vice President Mrs WH. Knauff
Secretary DE Zimmerman
Treasurer Mrs L. Kalbfleisch
Stratford Miss Clara Wilker
Hamilton Miss Erdman
Kitchener Mrs Bornhold
Eastern Mrs Cronmiller
Nova Scotia Mrs Hall
Reference was made to the illness of Mrs Knauff. Everyone present hoped and prayed for her quick return to health.
Rev Mehlenbacher closed the meeting with a very appropriate prayer. This was followed by the Lords Prayer.
The members then retired to the basement of the Parish Hall where a delightful lunch was served.
While going about meeting the members from the various churches it was pleasing to hear them all say that they really looked forward from year to year to again return to this annual
get-together. What more can we say for the success of these meetings