Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival 1965 poster
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Poster for Waterloo Lutheran University's annual Winter Carnival held January 28-30, 1965. Includes schedule of events, a drawing of the Golden Hawk mascot and images of Winter Carnival 1964.
- Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University Winter Carnival Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- RG-102.31 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5