Waterloo College Athenaeum Society, 1930-31
- Denton Photo, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white group photograph of the Waterloo College Athenaeum Society, 1930-31. Left to right, front row: Betty Spohn, Audrey Dorothy Froats, William Carl Nolting, O. Alberti, Prof. E. Doherty, Edward George Neigh, Alvin Jacob Pauli, Louise Twietmeyer. Second row: Harvey Christian Goos, Mabel Louise Hahn, Dorothy Tailby, Welburn Jones, Dr. Hermann Schorten, Prof. H. Haug, Walter Eifert, Jean Brent, Margery Tailby, Frederick Goos. Third row: L. Schweitzer, Henry Enns, Armin Schlenker, Karl John Julius Knauff, Carl Jacob Seltzer, Herman Luther Little, E. Wellein, O. Alberti, S. Arbuck, Arthur Bernard Little. Fourth row: Herman George Scherbarth, George Ryerson Casselman, Carl Ruppel, Hubert Casselman, Frederick William Haak, C. Crouse, F. Burmon, C. Cruspe, Julius Seymour Neff, Walter Hamm.
- Also found in U57_9.2.
Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is one of five synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, consisting of more than 200 member congregations and 78,000 baptized members. The territory of the Eastern Synod runs from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In July 1861 the Canada Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada was organized by the former Canadian Conference of the Pittsburgh Synod. In 1867 the Canada Synod helped organize the General Council. In 1908 the Central Canada Synod organized as a result of English activity of the General Council. In 1918 both synods became part of the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1925 the Canada Synod and the Central Canada Synod merged, retaining the name Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada. In 1962 the Canada Synod reorganized as the Eastern Canada Synod of the Lutheran Church in America, comprised of the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and most of Ontario. In 1985 the Eastern Canada Synod withdrew from the Lutheran Church in America to join with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1986 the new church began to function officially, retaining its membership in the Lutheran Council in Canada.
- Typed on the frame: Waterloo College Athenaeun Society 1930-31 / Back row:- / H. Scherbarth, R. Casselman, C. Ruppel, H. Casseelman, F. Haak, C. Crouse, F. Burmon, C. Cruspe, J. Neff, W. Hamm / Third Row:- / L. Schweitzer, H. Enns, A. Schlenker, K. Knauff, C. Seltzer, H. Little, E. Wellein, O. Alberti, S. Arbuck, A. Little / Second Row:- / H. Goos, M. Hahn, D. Tailby, W. Jones, Dr. H. Shorten, Prof. H. Haug, W. Eifert, J. Brent, M. Tailby, F. Goos / Front Row:- / B. Spohn, A. Froats, W. Nolting, O. Alberti, Prof. E. Doherty, E. Neigh, A. Pauli, L. Twietmeyer
Reverse, in ink: Karl J. Knauff / Karl Knauff
- Date of Original
- 1930 or 1931
Width: 34 cm
Height: 24 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Local identifier
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S100 Disc6
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5