Wilfrid Laurier University Faculty of Graduate Studies processional banner
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the the Graduate Studies processional banner. The banner is used during convocation ceremonies.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies encourages interactive and collegial learning by fostering independent thinking and self-creation in a mentoring environment. The banner, designed and created by Ralph Beney, includes the colours in the hoods and gowns worn by graduate students at Convocation. Arranged in an upwardly, forward-looking and dynamic "pyramid of learning," the interaction of the colours represents the potential for interdisciplinary study at the graduate level. The pyramid symbolizes graduate studies as the capstone of the formal learning process.
(Description found in Wilfrid Laurier University convocation programs)
- Date of Original
- Between 1985 and 2013
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 15cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc44
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5