Wilfrid Laurier University Faculty of Music processional banner
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the Wilfrid Laurier University Faculty of Music processional banner. The banner is used during convocation ceremonies.
- The banner for the Faculty of Music was designed and executed by Ralph Beney, who taught Design for Textile at Laurier. The pinks and reds in the banner reflect the academic colour of music, which was originally scarlet but changed to pink several centuries ago. The bells are universal musical instruments. As rhythm is an essential characteristic of music, the design is rhythmic, lively.
(Description found in Wilfrid Laurier University convocation programs)
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Between 1990 and 2013
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 15cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc44
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5