Sunday School teachers and staff, St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Sunday School teachers and staff of St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Preston, Ontario. They are posed outdoors, with the church in the background. Front row, left to right: Marg Schlegel, Alton Bennet, Jack Heimbecker, Gord Tomkins, Harry Stockfish, Pastor W.H. Knauff, Herb Sohrt, Art Pfeiffer, Mr. Hopf, Lois Pelz. Second row: John Sohrt, Louis Knack, Mrs. Wilson, Alvina Homuth, Mrs. Pinke, Mrs. Lentic, Mrs. Alberta Knauff, Mrs. Ludwig, Mrs. Miller, Laura Stockfish, Mrs. Wehner, Mae Schultz, Mr. Fischer. Back row: Alberta Julke, Ruby Kistner, Elizabeth Schmiederdorf, Marie Schneider, Dorothea Schultz, Kay Snyder, Ruth Ludwig, Esther Salyerds, Mary Pinke, Floretta Pelz, Isabel Bernhardt, Kay Snider, Karl Knauff, Nelson Alles.
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is one of five synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, consisting of more than 200 member congregations and 78,000 baptized members. The territory of the Eastern Synod runs from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In July 1861 the Canada Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada was organized by the former Canadian Conference of the Pittsburgh Synod. In 1867 the Canada Synod helped organize the General Council. In 1908 the Central Canada Synod organized as a result of English activity of the General Council. In 1918 both synods became part of the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1925 the Canada Synod and the Central Canada Synod merged, retaining the name Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada. In 1962 the Canada Synod reorganized as the Eastern Canada Synod of the Lutheran Church in America, comprised of the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and most of Ontario. In 1985 the Eastern Canada Synod withdrew from the Lutheran Church in America to join with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1986 the new church began to function officially, retaining its membership in the Lutheran Council in Canada.
- Reverse, in pencil: Sunday School Teachers ? / 1934 - / Our Centennial Year
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20cm
Image Height: 16cm
- Local identifier
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.3834 Longitude: -80.34967
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S100 Disc6
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5