Wilfrid Laurier University 75th birthday faculty/staff dinner and dance
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the dance floor at the Wilfrid Laurier University 75th birthday celebration for faculty and staff. People in formal attire are dancing. Musicians are visible in the background. A chandelier is visible above the dance floor. A banner that reads "Reflections of Excellence / 1911-86 Wilfrid Laurier University" is partially visible.
- Accompanies "Marking the 75-year milestone" in The Laureate, vol. 4, no. 5, November 5, 1986, pg 5
The Wilfrid Laurier University 75th birthday for faculty and staff was held on October 25th, 1986 at the Waterloo Inn in Waterloo, Ontario.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Front, in pencil: WLU birthday dinner fac + staff Wat Motor Inn / L Vol 4 #5 Nov 5/86 pg 5 / 1 of 3
- Date of Original
- Oct. 25, 1986
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.5cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc38
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5