Mila Mulroney launches the 25th annual Shinerama campaign
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Mila Mulroney, honorary chairperson of the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, (right) having her shoes shined at the kick off of the annual Shinerama campaign at Wilfrid Laurier University. Two young girls are also having their shoes shined. University president John Weir is standing behind a lectern in the background.
- Accompanies "Mila Mulroney kicks off Laurier's 25th Shinerama campaign" in The Laureate, vol. 4, no. 1, September 9, 1986, pg 2.
Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Shinerama is Canada’s largest post-secondary fundraiser involving students at almost 60 university and college campuses across Canada. Shinerama originated at Waterloo Lutheran University in 1961, as an Orientation Week activity that raised money for local charities.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Front in ink: Mila Mulroney + daughter Caroline / L. Vol 4 #1 - Sept 9/86
- Date of Original
- Aug. 28, 1986
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc39
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5