Wilfrid Laurier University women's hockey team
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University women's hockey team players on the ice during a charity game against the Flying Fathers.
- The Lady Hawks vs the Flying Fathers was a charity event supporting Golden Hawks sports and the Anselma House. It was played between the Wilfrid Laurier University women's hockey team and the Flying Fathers, a group of Canadian Roman Catholic priests who regularly tour North America as a hockey team, playing exhibition games against local teams to raise money for charities. The game was played on Monday December 2, 2002 at 7pm at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex. The Golden Hawks beat the Flying Fathers 14-13.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Dec. 2, 2002
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 2160px
Image Height: 1440px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI101
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5