Ralph Blackmore during a Telecollege filming
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Black and white photograph of economics professor Ralph Blackmore (right) during the filming of a Telecollege lecture. Blackmore is sitting behind a desk while student workers operate the cameras. A woman is sitting on a desk in the background. A map of the world is visible.
- Telecollege was established by Wilfrid Laurier University in 1978, under the umbrella of Part-Time Studies and Continuing Education, as a "distance education" program. Courses were offered in a video medium, allowing students to earn university credits in their own home. The courses were produced through the Audio-Visual Department. Telecollege Productions ceased to exist in 1992.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Between 1978 and 1992
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 18cm
Image Height: 18cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc39
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5