Waterloo Lutheran University spring convocation 1961
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Gertrude Houser (centre) shaking hands with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary graduate Desmond Hamlet at spring convocation 1961. Standing behind, left to right: Unknown; J. Ray Houser, president of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary; Paul Jagdhar, Waterloo Lutheran Seminary graduate; Winston Bone, Waterloo Lutheran Seminary graduate. The mean are wearing academic gowns and hoods.
- Waterloo Lutheran University's first convocation was held at the Mutual Life Auditorium on May 20, 1961. William Daum Euler was installed as chancellor during the ceremony.
Waterloo Lutheran Seminary is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada affiliated with the nondenominational Wilfrid Laurier University, located in Waterloo, Ontario. It was established in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada, and changed to its current name in 1960.
- Reverse, in ink; B1 1961 SPR. CONV H. Overgaard / 42 / R.G
- Date of Original
- May 20, 1961
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19cm
Image Height: 23.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc36
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5