Shinerama fire engine shine-off, 1991
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of students from Wilfrid Laurier University and the University of Waterloo participating in a Shinerama fire engine shine-off. They are washing and polishing a City of Waterloo fire engine. In the background is the Labatt's Brewery and beer store, at 155 King Street South in Waterloo.
- Accompanies "Shine on" in The Laureate, vol. 9, no. 1, September 10, 1991, pg 4.
Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Shinerama is Canada’s largest post-secondary fundraiser involving students at almost 60 university and college campuses across Canada. Shinerama originated at Waterloo Lutheran University in 1961, as an Orientation Week activity that raised money for local charities.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Reverse in ink: Laureate -- September 10, 1991 / Students from Laurier and the University of Waterloo applied some elbow grease during a fire engine shine-off to promote this year's Shinerama activities, held Sept. 7. Left: Jeff Collins, co-ordinator.
Front in ink: Shinerama / co-ordinator - Jeff Collins left in photo / pg 4 - Sept 10/91 Vol 9 #1.
- Date of Original
- Sept 7, 1991
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19.2cm
Image Height: 19.2cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5