John Weir and Marge Millar accepting a cheque from WLUSU
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University president John Weir (far right) and director of development and alumni affairs Marge Millar (centre right) accepting a cheque for $62,325.00 from Students' Union president Kevin Byers (centre left) and treasurer Nancy Novinka (far left) during the Boar's Head Dinner. A decorated Christmas tree is in the background.
- Accompanies "First payment of WLU students' pledge presented" in Laurier Campus, vol. 24, no. 3, Spring 1985, pg. 23.
John Weir (1930-2007) was president of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1982-1992.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Dec. 3, 1984
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19.2cm
Image Height: 19.2cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc38
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5