Hayride during Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival 1970
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white image of a hayride during the 1970 Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival. Three tractors are pulling wagons loaded with people along a ploughed road. There is snow on the ground.
- This negative is damaged.
Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Jan. 1970
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 3.5cm
Image Height: 2cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 NSDisc5
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5