Fred Nichols Campus Centre, exterior
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of the exterior of the upper floors of the Fred Nichols Campus Centre. C.H. Little House is in the foreground.
- In 1970 the Student Union Building, a four storey structure in the centre of the Waterloo Lutheran University campus, was constructed. Only the top two floors of the building were completed, leaving the lower floors as a parking lot. In 1979 the second phase of construction enclosed the bottom two floors, completing the building. The Student Union Building was expanded in 1995. In 1997 it was renamed the Fred Nichols Campus Centre, in honour of Fred Nichols, dean of students from 1963 to 1997.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Oct. 10, 2003
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 2160px
Image Height: 1440px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI60
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5