John Aird Centre, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of the sign on the exterior of the John Aird Centre at Wilfrid Laurier University. On the right is a red maple tree.
- The John Aird Centre was opened in 1988. It houses the Maureen Forester Recital Hall, Robert Langen Art Gallery, Theatre Auditorium, classrooms, and offices. It is named for John B. Aird, former lieutenant-governor of Ontario, and Chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1977 to 1985.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 2160px
Image Height: 1440px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI60
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5