River Riders sculpture on the Wilfrid Laurier University campus
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of "River Raiders" by sculptor Ann Roberts, in the Wilfrid Laurier University quadrangle. The sculpture is in the foreground surrounded by snow, and a student walking in the background.
- The sculpture "River riders" by Ann Roberts was unveiled in the Wilfrid Laurier University quadrangle on November 1, 1991. The commissioned piece features a man, a woman, and a parrot in a canoe. The sculpture depicts the river of life - the parrot represents the heavens above, and the rocks on which the canoe is poised suggest the earth below. The sculpture is 3.3 meters tall and 2.4 meters wide. The figures are cast in bronze, and the rocks in cement.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 2160px
Image Height: 1440px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI47
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5