Willison Hall, Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the exterior of Willison Hall on the Waterloo Lutheran University campus. The photograph was taken from Albert Street. There is snow on the ground. A bare tree is in the foreground.
- Willison Hall was built in 1914, expanded in 1924, and demolished in 1970. It contained administration offices, classrooms and laboratories, a chapel, a dining hall, the library, a gymnasium, and student accommodations. The building was commonly known as “Old Main” until the mid 1950s when it was named in honour of Waterloo College graduate Nils Willison.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- In ink: Pre-1967 / Campus Scene: Old Willison Hall
- Date of Original
- Between 1960 and 1970
Width: 7 cm
Height: 7 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5cm
Image Height: 5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University slide and negative collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5