Construction of the Aird Centre recital hall
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Aird Centre recital hall undergoing construction. Two construction workers are working on the stage floor.
- Accompanies "Bach concerts inaugurate Aird Centre recital hall" in The Laureate, vol. 6, no. 5, Nov. 1, 1988.
The John Aird Centre was opened in 1988. It houses the Maureen Forester Recital Hall, Robert Langen Art Gallery, Theatre Auditorium, classrooms, and offices. It is named for John B. Aird, former lieutenant-governor of Ontario, and Chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1977 to 1985.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Front, in pencil: 1A L Vol 6 #5 - Nov 1 /88
Reverse, in pencil: Bach Concerts Inaugurate Aird / Centre Recital Hall / Photo / under construction
- Date of Original
- Oct. 1988
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc38
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5