Arrival of new computer at Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the new UNIX computer system being delivered to the Central Teaching Building at Wilfrid Laurier University. Staff member Joe Wrey (right) and three other men are loading the equipment onto a moving dolly. In the background, a man is standing beside a large AT&T box in the back of a truck.
- Accompanies "Arrival of new UNIX system eases strain on computing facilities" in The Laureate, Sept. 6, 1988.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- July 29, 1988
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.5cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc34
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5