Outstanding Women of Laurier luncheon, 2006
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of Marcia Powers-Dunlop (left) receiving the Alumni Founders Award at the inaugural Outstanding Women of Laurier luncheon held at the Waterloo Inn & Conference Centre on March 23, 2006. Standing beside her is the keynote speaker, Pamela Wallin, Canadian Counsul General, New York.
- The Outstanding Women of Laurier (O.W.L.) Award is presented to an eligible female Laurier student who combines athletic and academic achievement with an active commitment to leadership and the development of young athletes through community teaching or coaching. Finalists are named, with the winner being announced at the annual luncheon event. The award was first presented in 2006.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- March 23, 2006
Width: 3504 px
Height: 2336 px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5