Outstanding Women of Laurier Award luncheon, 2007
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of three people attending the 2007 Outstanding Women of Laurier Awards luncheon. Left to right: Fiona Aiston, recipient of the 2006 OWL Award; Peter Baxter, director of athletics and recreation at Wilfrid Laurier University; Jillian Ritsma, recipient of the 2007 OWL Award. The event was held at the Waterloo Inn & Conference Centre.
- The Outstanding Women of Laurier (O.W.L.) Award is presented to an eligible female Laurier student who combines athletic and academic achievement with an active commitment to leadership and the development of young athletes through community teaching or coaching. Finalists are named, with the winner being announced at the annual luncheon event. The award was first presented in 2006.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- March 22, 2007
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI18
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5