Shinerama 1989, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of four Wilfrid Laurier University students participating in Shinerama. The men are using spray bottles and rags to clean the windshield of a motorcycle on Weber Street in Waterloo, Ontario. Buildings, a school bus, and other vehicles are in the background.
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Shinerama is Canada’s largest post-secondary fundraiser involving students at almost 60 university and college campuses across Canada. Shinerama originated at Waterloo Lutheran University in 1961, as an Orientation Week activity that raised money for local charities.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Sept. 1989
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 NSDisc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5