Shinerama 1983, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative of a female Wilfrid Laurier University student participating in Shinerama 1983. The student (left) is wearing a Shinerama sign and donation can. A man is putting coins into the can. The woman on the right is holding a purse.
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Shinerama is Canada’s largest post-secondary fundraiser involving students at almost 60 university and college campuses across Canada. Shinerama originated at Waterloo Lutheran University in 1961, as an Orientation Week activity that raised money for local charities.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Sept. 1983
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5.5cm
Image Height: 5.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 NDisc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5