- james Hertel, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of John Weir (1930-2007), president of Wilfrid Laurier University. He is kneeling beside a car and pointing to the "WLU 4ME" personalized license plate. The Central Teaching building is in the background and the Library is on the right.
- Accompanies "A long and productive University career", The Laureate, vol. 9, no. 16, June 30, 1992.
Appears in Laurier Campus, Summer 1984.
John Weir was president and vice-chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1982 to 1992.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse, in pencil: A long career / Dr. John Weir. - cover / L. Vol. 9 #16 - June 30/92
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc28
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5