Waterloo College fifth annual Invitation Games, 1939
- Waterloo College, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the fifth annual Waterloo College Invitation Games, held at Woodside Park in Kitchener, Ontario on May 6, 1939. Includes lists of events and competitors, records, information about Waterloo College, lists of committee members and officials, and advertisements.
- In 1935 Waterloo College hosted the first Invitation Games, an annual track and field meet for Central Western Ontario high schools. The Games featured events for male and female athletes. The Waterloo College Invitation Games were suspended from 1941-1945, and resumed in 1946.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- The Nelson Press
- Place of Publication
- Kitchener, Ont.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Waterloo College Invitation Games collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U255 Disc2
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5