Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of contestants on stage during the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant held in the Theatre Auditorium at Waterloo Lutheran University. The women are in formal attire. The Miss Canadian University Queen is seated on the throne in the centre of the stage.
- -- The photograph is blurry.
-- The national Miss Canadian University Queen pageant was a highlight of Waterloo Lutheran University's Winter Carnival, a winter festival featuring concerts, cookouts, outdoor sports, and a snow sculpture competition. Pageant contestants represented universities across Canada. Although Winter Carnival continues, the last pageant was held in 1970.
-- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Between 1961 and 1970
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.5cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc26
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5