Miss Canadian University Queen on throne
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Linda Inkpen, Miss Canadian University Queen 1967, sitting on a throne. She dressed in a gown, sash, and tiara, and is holding a bouquet of roses. Two contestants are standing beside the throne. They are dressed in gowns, tiaras and holding a bouquet of roses.
- -- The national Miss Canadian University Queen pageant was a highlight of Waterloo Lutheran University's Winter Carnival, a winter festival featuring concerts, cookouts, outdoor sports, and a snow sculpture competition. Pageant contestants represented universities across Canada. Although Winter Carnival continues, the last pageant was held in 1970.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Jan. 27, 1967
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.5cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc26
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5