Snow sculpture at Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival 1969
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph an snow sculpture of a man and a dog on the Waterloo Lutheran University campus during Winter Carnival 1969.
- Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Eskimo man and his dog was the winning ice sculpture for Winter Carnival 1969 and The Supremes Concert was the highlight. A student would reach the dog's chest. It was huge! There's a pic in the W. Carnival Brochure. Gail.
- Date of Original
- Jan. 1969
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 7.5cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Local identifier
- Gail Murray fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S743 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5