Waterloo Lutheran University presents the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant, January 26, 1968
- Waterloo Lutheran University, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the 1968 Miss Canadian University Queen pageant, presented by Waterloo Lutheran University on January 26, 1968. Includes program, advertisements, and lists of contestants, selection committee members, and prizes.
- -- The program is damaged and discoloured. There are ink markings on page 2, and tape on the top and bottom of pages 3 and 4.
-- The national Miss Canadian University Queen pageant was a highlight of Waterloo Lutheran University's Winter Carnival, a winter festival featuring concerts, cookouts, outdoor sports, and a snow sculpture competition. Pageant contestants represented universities across Canada. Although Winter Carnival continues, the last pageant was held in 1970.
-- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Jan. 1968
- Local identifier
- Gail Murray fonds
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S743 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5