Keffer family reunion, 1964
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the 1964 Keffer family reunion. Frank Sweet (on the right, holding a sack) is portraying Adam Keffer in a re-enactment of his walks to the Pittsburgh Lutheran Synod in 1849 and 1850. A large group of people are watching and waving at him. Waterloo Lutheran Seminary is visible in the background.
- In 1964 more than 300 people attended the Keffer family reunion, held at Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. It was held in conjunction with the naming of the Keffer Memorial Chapel, located in the Seminary.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
- Date of Original
- June 20, 1964
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc19
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5