Cobourg and District Images

Results

We found
59
matching items
Geographic Location
Cobourg
  
Decade
1940-1949
  
  • Cobourg Collegiate Institute
        Panoramic view of students attending CCI in 1942-3. Russ McKenzie was the Principle of the Cobourg Collegiate Institute at this time.
      Panoramic view of students attending CCI in 1942-3. Russ McKenzie was the ...
  • John Guy retires from Blacksmith shop
        Located on Hibernia, between Albert and King Street. John Guy is standing in front of shop.
      Located on Hibernia, between Albert and King Street. John Guy is standing ...
  • H. W. Cooey Machine and Arms Co.
        The Cooey rifle factory was located in the old Ontario Woollen Mills buildings. It was taken over by Winchester-Western a manufacturer of sporting guns and ammunition.After a fire destroyed the Port Hope plant for the Cobourg Star newspaper, the production to the paper moved to the former Winchester-Western plant on ...
      The Cooey rifle factory was located in the old Ontario Woollen Mills ...
  • Cobourg and Peterborough Railroad
        This is the corner of Railroad Street and University Avenue, where the first sod had been turned for the Cobourg and Peterborough Railway on February 9, 1853.
      This is the corner of Railroad Street and University Avenue, where the ...
  • Remains of Old East Pier
        The remains of the once busy East Pier
      The remains of the once busy East Pier
  • East Pier looking north
        The Cobourg Harbour Co. was incorporated and began operating in about 1830, starting with this pier. This first pier began near the entrance to the present trailer park, extended 500 feet into the lake and ended with a lighthouse.Within ten years the West pier was built and the East pier ...
      The Cobourg Harbour Co. was incorporated and began operating in about 1830, ...
  • East Pier looking north
        Pictured are Edwin C. Guillet and son Bob.
      Pictured are Edwin C. Guillet and son Bob.
  • Curling Bonspiel
        The Curling Bonspiel was held in the Arena, as Cobourg did not have a regular curling club during this time period. Back row left to right: Harry Lucas, Jack Harrison, Jack Mitchell, Cec Wilson, ?, George Mitchell Sr., ?, George Mitchell Jr. Front row: Left is one of the Fishers, ...
      The Curling Bonspiel was held in the Arena, as Cobourg did not ...
  • Cobourg Arena
        Cobourg's original arena was a wooden building on the north side of University Ave West between Division and George Street and owned by the Ley brothers. In 1942 the roof collapsed and the arena was operated for a couple of years without a roof. In 1947 citizens began a campaign ...
      Cobourg's original arena was a wooden building on the north side of ...
  • Cobourg Arena
        Furnace Street.The arena rebuilt after the 1953 fire.
      Furnace Street.The arena rebuilt after the 1953 fire.
  • Ink Jar of the old Globe Hotel
        Ink jar of old Globe Hotal Cobourg (see also Cobourg book). In possession of E.C.G., to whom it was given by the late T.F. Hall, Cobourg. Found, among basement timbers of the hotel, when excavations were mad there in 1947-8. (northeast corner of King and McGills Sts). Long occupied by ...
      Ink jar of old Globe Hotal Cobourg (see also Cobourg book). In ...
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
  • Aerial Photograph of Cobourg and Hamilton Township
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit