Cobourg and District Images

Results

We found
49
matching items
Geographic Location
Cobourg
  
Decade
1890-1899
  
  • Presbyterianism In Cobourg
        Presbyterianism In Cobourg Source: Cobourg World, Friday, December 14, 1894 Acquired: January 2008
      Presbyterianism In Cobourg Source: Cobourg World, Friday, December 14, 1894 Acquired: January ...
  • St. Peter's Anglican Church and Rectory
        St. Peter's Parish was founded in 1819. The original church was replaced in 1854 by a large brick church designed by Kivas Tully, pictured here. The rectory was also replaced but at a later date, by this handsome brick structure
      St. Peter's Parish was founded in 1819. The original church was replaced ...
  • Edwin Guillet's Grocery
        The proprietor is behind the counter at the front left. Bob Fice is at the rear next to the coffee grinder.
      The proprietor is behind the counter at the front left. Bob Fice ...
  • Burnet Grocery and China
        W. Burnet founded his business in 1877 and emphasized china. He had two cellars with cement floors, lighted by gas and electricity and heated by steam, all quite a novelty at that time...
      W. Burnet founded his business in 1877 and emphasized china. He had ...
  • Gable Cottage
        74 Havelock St., residence of Dr. Edgar Hayden
      74 Havelock St., residence of Dr. Edgar Hayden
  • Interlaken
        King Street East
      King Street East
  • Flower beds at Cottesmore Hall
        Northeas corner of King Street and Cottesmore Avenue
      Northeas corner of King Street and Cottesmore Avenue
  • Columbian Hotel
        "The Columbian Hotel popularly known as Cobourg's cosy summer resort." "Was established in 1893, and the trade has so increased that it was necessary this year to add a large addition with excellent new dining rooms. The Columbian has two annexes, Lake View Lawn and the Baltimore. On Lake View ...
      "The Columbian Hotel popularly known as Cobourg's cosy summer resort." "Was established ...
  • Glebe Lawn
        195 Queen Street
      195 Queen Street
  • Sunnyside
        Originally Sunnyside faced King Street East, but now it faces Queen Street.
      Originally Sunnyside faced King Street East, but now it faces Queen Street.
  • C. C. Field House
        King Street West
      King Street West
  • The Poplars
        18 Spencer Street
      18 Spencer Street
  • Northumberland Hall
        Northumberland Hall was built by George Strange Boulton around 1824. It was bought in 1874 by William Rosamond who had recently purchased the Woolen Mills. The Rosamonds were well known wool manufacturers from Almonte. Rosamond married Margaret Boswell, the youngest daughter of Judge Boswell. At the turn of the century, ...
      Northumberland Hall was built by George Strange Boulton around 1824. It was ...
  • Durham Hall
        Shown is Durham Hall, residence of James and Agnes McIntosh. Shown on the left is Jame and Agnes, on the right is their eldest daughter, Isabella McIntosh and son James McIntosh. On the steps are their son Roddy McIntosh as well as daughters Agnes and Margaret McIntosh. Located on University ...
      Shown is Durham Hall, residence of James and Agnes McIntosh. Shown on ...
  • Durham Hall
        Pictured on the left are James and Agnes McIntosh, in the middle is their daughter, Agnes McIntosh and on the right is David Fleming and Belle (McIntosh) Fleming. Located on University Avenue West.
      Pictured on the left are James and Agnes McIntosh, in the middle ...
  • Christmas Roses
        Alfred Frederick William Hayward (1856-1939)was world-famous for his flower paintings. He, along with his brother Gerald, were born at Ravenscourt, between Cobourg and Port Hope to Captain Alfred and Caroline Hayward.
      Alfred Frederick William Hayward (1856-1939)was world-famous for his flower paintings. He, along ...
  • Cobourg Curlers playing on a creek
        To the left is the old Cobourg and peterborough Railroad station (near the harbour) and to the right of it is a storehouse in which theatricals were produced during the Provincial Exhibition of 1855. This location is southeast of Town Hall. The water was either held back from the old ...
      To the left is the old Cobourg and peterborough Railroad station (near ...
  • A group of Cobourg Residents and American summer visitors
        Shown in photograph: Back row: Ida Yates, daughter of Octavius Yates and Elizabeth Daintry Yates; Virginia Chambliss; Charles Lane Fitzhugh(General); Edith Daintry; Henry Fitzhugh; Front Row: George Chambliss; Louise Daintry; Ella Beatty Shoenberger.
      Shown in photograph: Back row: Ida Yates, daughter of Octavius Yates and ...
  • Kerr Family
        Included in the photo are William Kerr, Lena Kerr, Mabel Kerr, Hon. William Kerr, Edith Kerr, and Myra Field Kerr.
      Included in the photo are William Kerr, Lena Kerr, Mabel Kerr, Hon. ...
  • Cornell Family
        Back row: Douglas Cornell; Samuel G. Cornell; Col. S. Douglas Cornell. Middle row: Rebecca Cornell (later Mrs. Clive Pringle); Lydia Hadfield Cornell (Mrs.); Alice Plimpton Cornell. Front row: Peter Cornell; Katherine Cornell; Lydia Cornell.
      Back row: Douglas Cornell; Samuel G. Cornell; Col. S. Douglas Cornell. Middle ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit