- Media Type
- Item Type
- Northumberland Hall was built by George Strange Boulton around 1824. It was bought in 1874 by William Rosamond who had recently purchased the Woolen Mills. The Rosamonds were well known wool manufacturers from Almonte. Rosamond married Margaret Boswell, the youngest daughter of Judge Boswell. At the turn of the century, the house was purchased by Henry Fitzhugh. The Fitzhughs made substantial alterations to the house. The family owned the house until 1974. Shortly after its sale, it was demolished. Oversize.
- Date of Original
- c. 1894
- Local identifier
- Historical Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.95977 Longitude: -78.16515
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Cobourg Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4