First Cobourg Collegiate
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Sketch of the first Cobourg Collegiate Institute from an old woodcut.
- Built in 1871 on Glebe land on the site of the first Grammar school, the old Cobourg Collegiate Institute still stands across from the St. Peter's Rectory as an apartment building.(117 King Street East) For one year this building was known as the Cobourg High School and the next year was designated The Cobourg Collegiate Institute, one of the first five in the province. By 1900 a larger building was needed and in 1902 a new collegiate was built on the west end of King Street.
- Date of Original
- c. 1871
- Local identifier
- Historical Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.95977 Longitude: -78.16515
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Cobourg Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4