General Regulations and Orders, 1804
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- The War Office of Great Britain, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A book of general regulations and orders by the War Office of Great Britain, inscribed by L. Colonel Brock. (SPCL UE 58 G73 1804)
This book of General Regulations and Orders by the War Office in Great Britain also includes manual and platoon exercises, as well as general orders and observations on the movement and field exercise of infantry.
The front paste-down is inscribed with “L. Colonel Brock”. Also inscribed in the front is “Maj. Genl T.A. Smith late of the 1st. Rifle Regt.”. There is also a bookplate of Robert B. Taylor, Norfolk. On the front flyleaf is a lengthy, two-page transcription in ink, headed Copy/Circular/ that is dated “Horse Guards, 25th May ‘07” and signed “Harry Calvert Adjt. General”.
This bound volume contains three separate sections:
1. General Regulations and Orders, 1804
2. The Manual and Platoon Exercises, 1804
3. General Orders and Observations on the Movements and Field Exercise of the Infantry, 1804
77 p., 2 fold. leaves
- Printed by G. Roworth, Bell Yard, Temple Bar. Reprinted in Quebec by John Neilson.
- Place of Publication
- London, Great Britain and Quebec, Canada
- p. 77 p., 2 fold. leaves
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- SPCL UE58 G73 1804
- Brock University James A. Gibson Library, Special Collections
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Date
- Recommended Citation
- Great Britain Army, General Regulations and Orders for the Army, London: T. Egerton, 1804, Special Collections, Brock University Library.
- No Restrictions.
- Brock University ArchivesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264