Second Welland Canal - Book 1, Survey Map 14 - St. Catharines and Lock 5
- Welland Canal Company
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Survey map of the Second Welland Canal created by the Welland Canal Company showing the Canal along the eastern edge of the Town of St. Catharines. Identified structures associated with the Canal include Lock 5 and the towing path.
The surveyors' measurements and notes can be seen in red and black ink and pencil.
Local area landmarks are also identified and include bridges, streets, and roads (ex. Queenston Street, St. Catharines Macdamized Road and Suspension Bridge), a Pond, a number of unnamed bridges, Stinson's Distillery, and R. Collier's Saw Mill.
Properties and property owners of note are: Concession 6 Lots 14 and 15, R. Collier, W. Gillespie, Orson Phelps, W. Chase, M. Bryant, John Soper, Winsor Chace, John Berryman, John Boyle, J. Madigan, B. F. Reynolds, W. Smaill, F. Stinson, G. Ward and Mrs. Soper.
- Welland Canal Company
- Date of Original
Width: 100 cm
Height: 45 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 85cm
Image Height: 45cm
- Map Scale:
- Local identifier
- St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada) Fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1606776119127 Longitude: -79.2323899269104
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- © St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada). © Transport Canada.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Copyright Bureau, Services Branch
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street, Ottawa K1A 0N4
Tel.: 613-996-7502 / Fax: 613-996-1341
- Recommended Citation
- Brock University Archives, St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada) Fonds, Second Welland Canal Survey Map 1, c.1845.
- This record is Crown copyrighted. Permission to reproduce this record must be granted by Library and Archives Canada.
- Reproduction Notes
- © St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada). Reproduced with the permission of the Minister of Public Works and Government Services Canada (2006).
Source: Library and Archives Canada/St. Lawrence Seaway Authority fonds/R1195-0-X-E/Accession 73-27727 CA
© Transport Canada. Reproduced with the permission of the Minister of Public Works and Government Services Canada (2006).
Source: Library and Archives Canada/Department of Railways and Canals fonds/R610-154-8-E/Accession 9017 CA
- Brock University ArchivesEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264