- Media Type
- Eyeglasses from the 1830's.
A thin, silver, metal framed pair of glasses. Two round metal frames are formed around round glass lenses. There are 2 arms, each of which are hinged to the side of the round frames.
The arms are thin, straight metal that widen slightly near the bottom tip. On the outside of each arm, at the bottom tip, the word "Crystal" is stamped in capital letters.
The nose piece has no nose pads, but is bent into a curve so as to fit and sit on the bridge of the nose.
- Donated by Robert Leggate, the eyeglasses belonged to his grandmother ca. 1830s.
- Date Of Event
- circa 1830s
Width: 10.8 cm
Height: 3.2 cm
Length: 13.4 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.155355684137 Longitude: -79.1944313049316
- Robert Leggate
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the St. Catharines Museum
- Please contact the St. Catharines Museum for any reproductions of this image
- St. Catharines MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:1932 Welland Canals Parkway P.O. Box 3012 St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2