This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- A cannonball of this type would have been used during the War of 1812.
This brown, iron cannonball is 16 inches in circumference and approximately 5 inches in diameter. The surface is of the cannonball is pitted. There is a band that goes around the entire circumference of the cannonball with striations marking the surface. The cannonball is perfectly round and weighs 19.4 pounds.
This cannonball is considered to be an "18 pounder", however, we have not been able to determine the type of artillery it would have been used with.
- Date of Original
- 18th century-19th century
Width: 12.7 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1547295445131 Longitude: -79.1940879821777
- Purchased from Brian Rudy
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the St. Catharines Museum
- Please contact the St. Catharines Museum for any reproductions of this image
- St. Catharines MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:1932 Welland Canals Parkway P.O. Box 3012 St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2