Standing Orders for the 2nd York Regiment- 1813
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The book contains the standing orders of the Second York Regiment, dated 1799-1813. It is believed to have belonged to an officer at the Portsea Barracks in Britain. At this time, all officers were required to provide themselves with a book to record the standing orders of their regiment. Some of the topics discussed within this book include dress of the officers, court martial, inspections and servants.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2474534546554 Longitude: -79.0713500976563
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208