Lighthouse at Mississauga Point- 1909 copy of an 1804 original plan
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Gustavus Nicolls
- J. Simpson
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A 1909 copy of an 1804 original plan of the lighthouse that was erected on Mississauga Point, signed by Gustavus Nicolls and copied by J. Simpson. The lighthouse, the first on the Great Lakes, was dismantled in 1814 in order to build Fort Mississauga. Some of the stone from the lighthouse was also used in the creation of the Fort.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2607769216215 Longitude: -79.0753841400146
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208