Lake Lodge Wood Shingle- Grimsby, Ontario
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- A wooden shingle from the barn at Lake Lodge. It has four holes in the body and curves in the centre. There is writing on the end of one side that states: "Aug. 9, 1932, shingle from barn of Lake Lodge, built 1810. Barn was used as prison for American troops in war of 1812-1814. Dismantled in 1901".
Lake Lodge was also a private boys' school from 1896 to 1933; founded by Mr. Drope.
- Date of Original
- c. 1810
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.199814006273 Longitude: -79.549091988965
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org